Sunday, May 20, 2012

Maui Vacation: Part 1

We took our very first vacation as a family from May 5 to 12, 2012, to Maui.  My mother also came along with us.  Her friend in Japan was supposed to meet us in Hawaii, but unfortunately, had to cancel when her daughter became ill.  I will say that packing is so much more difficult now with Baby C.  I kept focusing on HIS stuff that I forgot a few of my personal items (i.e. make-up, allergy meds, etc).  We ended up bringing his carseat and stroller.  It's great since we can stuff more items into his carseat bag and stroller bags, such as diapers, wipes, shoes, and his swim floatie.  And those bags are free to check-in.  Everything in Hawaii is expensive, so we thought we should bring all the essentials.

Driving from the airport to the condo was beautiful.  The sunset was amazing, and you can see ocean wherever you are.  We arrived at the condo in the evening, so my hubby and mom just ordered from Asian food from a nearby restaurant.


The next morning, I woke up early since I wasn't used to the time difference yet.  Baby C also woke up, and we took a walk around the condo complex.  There was a fountain that he loved to stare at.  The ocean view was amazing, but Baby C was more interested in the fountain.



The view from our condo
We checked out a local mall and also had to find a supermarket to buy some food for Baby C.  The prices were so much more than here in California.  I guess everything has to be imported, and that's why.

The next day, we went out for lunch and then headed to the Maui Ocean Center, which was a local aquarium.  Baby C wasn't too interested in it, but it was nice to see some sea animals.

The view from Aloha Mixed Plate....a cute Hawaiian lunch place



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment