Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby C's First Birthday Party

 This past Sunday, we celebrated Baby C's first birthday with our family and friends.  I was pretty stressed out since over 40 people were going to be crammed into our house and garage.  Luckily, it all worked out.  However, Baby C wasn't feeling too well because he had been constipated.  Ever since we switched to cow's milk, he has had to strain to poop.  Therefore, I had started giving him some prunes and pear-apple juice.  The morning of his party, he hadn't pooped for 2 days, but I could tell he was straining.  Poor Baby C couldn't enjoy his party very much.

We served pizza, fried chicken, egg rolls, mac n cheese, spam musubi, Caesar salad, and some sauteed potatoes.  Everyone gathered around the couch in the living room or around the dining room table or in the garage.  I was sad I didn't take more pictures.  The huge "happy birthday" sign was so fun to make with my new Cricut machine.  We had a farm animal theme, but my hubby ended up ordering a "Cars" theme cake.  Oh well!

Funny thing was that Baby C ended up falling asleep, but we ended up singing "happy birthday" to him anyways.  He continued to sleep through the entire song.  He woke up for a few seconds and then went back to sleep.

My one regret was that we didn't take a lot of pictures.  Plus, I wasn't able to talk to everyone since I was so concerned about Collin's constipation.  Planning the party was stressful...so his 2nd birthday party will probably be much smaller.

His birthday cake

His birthday sign (so fun to make)

Even though we all sang "Happy Birthday" to him, he continued to sleep

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with the decorations!! How did you find the time?! I so want to get a cricut or a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just did small things each weekend. I love the cricut...it was a Christmas present. There are so many creative things you can do with it. :)

      Delete