Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 6 months to Baby C!

I can't believe it's been 6 months since I gave birth to Baby C.  I still remember when my water broke, and I was wheeled into the OR for the C-section.  All those memories are still vivid to me.  Hearing his cry for the first time.  Then feeling jealous because hubby got to see and hold him first, while the surgeons were sewing me up. Then thinking that Baby C was so beautiful....He still is.

At 6 months, he is smiling more often...even to strangers.  He's also rolling over from back to front.  He can't roll from front to back yet.  So once he rolls over, he's stuck on his tummy.  After he gets tired of being on his tummy, he starts to cry.  We've only fed him rice cereal, but I'm planning to buy some avocados, bananas and sweet potatoes this weekend.  He's doing better at opening his mouth when the spoon reaches his mouth.  We're even feeding him water with a spoon.  Baby C can also stand for long periods while holding onto our coffee table.  Of course, I place my arms around him just in case he falls.

Nothing big planned for this long weekend, except a BBQ.  We actually have many BBQs planned for the month of July.  That means lots of meat.  Hubby's favorite.   Well, I hope you all have a nice, long holiday weekend.


Baby C in his highchair 

Baby C and his Pooh bear
P.S.  Baby C has eczema, and therefore, we need to keep his skin moisturized often.  We apply Calendula Cream to his face several times a day, and California Baby Super Sensitive Everyday Lotion to his body daily.  It has helped a lot.  Somehow, other lotions we've tried caused it to break out even more.

1 comment:

  1. love the picture with pooh bear...he smiles so sweetly!

    ReplyDelete