Friday, June 24, 2011

Starting Solids

Baby C is turning 6 months in one week, so that means we get to start solids!  Yay!  How exciting!  Since D is on paternity leave, I thought we could give it a try this weekend.  We started with good ole rice cereal (HAPPYBELLIES Rice Cereal).  We bought the Bumkins Waterproof SuperBib and Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon because I read some great reviews.

Happy Bellies brand rice cereal

He seems to open his mouth when the spoon reaches it, but when I take out the spoon, Baby C just spits it right out.  I'm hoping some of the cereal reaches his tummy.  Hahaha.  I guess it's a little too early to start solids, but it's a start.

Most of the cereal is around his mouth, instead of in his mouth.  Lol
I can't wait to start making his baby food.  What should I start with?  

2 comments:

  1. how fun! we haven't started solids yet, but can't wait to see all the faces he'll make!

    ReplyDelete