Today was Baby C's 6 month wellness check. He did so well, especially with the vaccinations. His pediatrician was surprised at how fast he's growing. For both height and head circumference, he's in the 90th percentile! And for weight, he's in the 50th percentile. I'm hoping that Baby C will be taller than both of his parents when he grows up. The fact that he's in the 90th percentile gives me some hope. :) His pediatrician told me about the adult height prediction equation. For boys, it's add 5 inches to mother's height, then add father's height and divide by 2. For girls, it's subtract 5 inches from mother's height, then add father's height and divide by 2. According to the equation, Baby C will be 5'7" as an adult.
He received 2 injections and an oral vaccine today. He did so well and only cried for about 15 seconds. He fell asleep while I ran errands after the appointment. Then around 2:30 PM, Baby C started to cry uncontrollably. Plus, he would flinch if I touched his thigh. So I know that the vaccine was starting to cause some soreness. This happened during his 4 month vaccines, too. So I gave him Infant Acetaminophen, which helped right away. I'm debating on whether to give him the acetaminophen right after his vaccine for his 9 month wellness check as a precaution.
As far as solids, Baby C is doing great. Plus, I'm having fun making his baby food. He tried avocado last week, and today, I took out the
Magic Bullet and made sweet potato. It's funny to watch him try something for the first time since he makes a funny face. It makes me think that he doesn't like it, but he opens his mouth for more. I can't wait to try more foods.
 |
| Mashed up avocado (not too appetizing, but he liked it) |
 |
| The Magic Bullet (great for making baby food) |
 |
| Sweet Potato! |
 |
| Mmmm...his smiling face after eating some sweet potato. |
No comments:
Post a Comment