Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy 15 months!

Wow... Baby C is 15 months old now.  How time flies!  He is much more enjoyable now.  He doesn't talk yet, but he conveys his messages through his actions.  For example, he'll bring me his shoes when he wants to go outside for a walk.  He'll also bring me a book whenever he wants me to read to him.  His favorite book right now is "Elmo Loves Hugs."  I even found him digging through the diaper bag for his bottle since he was thirsty.  It's so amazing how they think.

We are now on toddler formula now.  He was slightly constipated for a few days, so we stopped whole milk altogether.  Fortunately, he has been pooping for 4 days straight, which is great.  So now, he's on 2 ounces of whole milk in addition to his formula.  We're also adding Benefiber to two of his bottles daily.  The hard part now is trying to wean off the bottle.  I bought some sippy cups and straw cups, but he will only drink water out of them.  We'll have to devote one weekend of "no bottles" even though he'll cry for his bottle.  It'll be hard on both of us.

I'm afraid that Baby C has not gained any weight since his 1 year check-up.  He does not eat much.  For breakfast, it's usually yogurt and some Cheerios.  For lunch he may eat half of a toast with peanut butter or cheese.  For dinner, he will eat whatever we're eating.  I will say that he LOVES strawberries.  He gets so excited whenever he sees me taking it out of the refrigerator.

Like I said in the last post, Baby C is walking everywhere now.  He is able to keep himself occupied for a while with his toys and books.  He loves to interact with other kids, especially when they are around his age.  I am looking forward to him starting pre-school next year so he can play with kids his own age.  We actually have him on several waiting lists in the area.  I never knew how competitive pre-schools can be.  I even have to call one school every month to tell them that I'm still interested.

Baby C just puts a smile on my face everyday.  Look at him...how can you not smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment