Friday, August 12, 2011

Overdue post: Las Vegas Trip

I totally forgot to post this, but we went to Las Vegas for a short trip from July 13 to 16.  I had a work conference to attend, and so my boss suggested that I bring the whole family for a mini-vacation.  This was Baby C's first long road trip.  We left on a Wednesday night to beat traffic, and so Baby C can sleep all the way there.  It worked like a charm.  We stayed at the Venetian Hotel, which was wonderful.  Once we arrived, we had to valet since we had so much luggage to take up.  Before the baby, we would always self-park and carry our bags in.  Now, we have a bunch of diapers, formula, a stroller, his clothes, as well as our own bags...so we definitely needed to valet.  Much to our surprise, valet was FREE!  Yay!

Unfortunately, I had to attend a conference on both Thursday and Friday, all day, so D and Baby C were stuck in the hotel room all day.  At night, we just went out for dinner.  The first night, we went to D's favorite buffet at Green Valley Ranch.  Unfortunately, they stopped serving crab legs, so it's no longer D's favorite buffet.  He was really disappointed.  The second night, we went to Serendipity.  We met up with one of my friends, who was there for a bachelorette party.  As for the food and ambience, I think the one in NYC is much better.

We left for home on Saturday afternoon.  First, we stopped by the outlets to do some shopping.  Since we left for home during the day, Baby C was a little fussy.  He slept for most of the way though.  I think the fussiness was due to pressure in his ears since our own ears were popping, too.  Overall, it was a good, short trip for the family.

Our Room

Look how little Baby C looks on our bed

Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity

No comments:

Post a Comment