A few weeks ago, we had a play date with J. She is 3 months younger than C, and fully potty trained. I was so impressed. I know that boys are usually slower than girls with regards to potty training, but I thought I'd try the 3-day potty training method with C this past weekend.
Before starting, I went to buy a bunch of fruits (i.e. watermelon, grapes and strawberries), as well as a few treats as rewards (mini Kit Kats).
Day 1
What a disaster! Luckily, we rolled up our rugs. C ended up peeing all over the place. He went through 6 underwears by mid-day, so I decided to let him roam free commando style. Then by 5:30 PM, he had his first successful pee in the potty. Yay! He had another successful one before bedtime. So things looked promising.
Day 2 and 3
These days were much better. We continued to let him roam free without any underwear for the early part of Day 2, and he pretty much got the hang of peeing in the potty every time. So by noon, I put underwear on him. He is pretty good at letting us know when he needs to go by yelling "pee pee! pee pee!" Sometimes, it's a false alarm, but most of the time, he'll go.
On Day 3, we decided to be brave and do a few errands outside. We only stayed out for an hour, but he was good and didn't have any accidents.
Hopefully, the rest of the week will be great. We still put him in diapers for naps and bedtime. He doesn't seem to pee during his naps, but he does pee while asleep at night.
Pooping is a hit of miss. Sometimes, he'll go to the potty, but sometimes, I'll find it in his underwear. At least, we're slightly successful with potty training. I'm pretty impressed at how good he was this past weekend. I'm just glad I didn't give up on Day 1. We were stuck in the house all weekend, but it was all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment